Friday 13 January 2017

Entry 10: The intruder.

This happened this Monday.
First day back at uni since the Christmas holidays.
Naturally you want to spend some time catching up with your friends/roommates, the best place in my flat is the kitchen as you will always run into someone.
I was just done unpacking my stuff, and needed to wash my dirty clothes, fortunately our accommodation provides you with a washing machine in the kitchen.
Without a thought i left my room leaving the door unlocked as i walked down the corridor to the kitchen.
I stumbled upon Sheena, we talked for a bit then she left. I stayed in the kitchen as the washing machine was full of Iona's clothes so i couldn't exactly do anything at this point.
My mum calls me in the mean time, moments after i disconnect Iona walks in to get her clothes out.
We talk for a bit and i admit to her i was waiting for her to take them out.
She explained she had someone over and completely forgot about it.
Being the dummy i am, i obviously had to forget to take my laundry with me.
I go back and grab the clothes, upon turning around to the door a sudden realization swept past me.
Someone. Was. In. My. Room.
My drawer was open and there were 2 little boxes open on my bed, my things scattered.
I look in disbelief.
Someone went through my stuff, while i was not present.
They were looking for valuables not knowing those 2 boxes contained the most valuable things to me, a box with letters from friends and a box with things i collected while dating my current boyfriend.
My heart started beating so fast, i had no idea what to do; i had no idea did it
I quickly gathered the things and put them away where they were.
Got my clothes and locked the door behind me.
The main door to the flat was unlocked, my door was unlocked. Anyone could've just went in.



No comments:

Post a Comment