Thursday 29 September 2016

Entry 4: Family matters.

I don't think I ever saw this coming, I'm really missing my family.
I miss that bunch of odd people that helped me shaped who I am today.
I miss the constant arguments over who showers first, I miss family meals the most.
I miss doing odd jobs around the house.
I miss shopping in Sainsbury's with my parents.
I miss family trips and outings.
I miss Peter's obnoxiously loud laugh (often heard when a very dry joke is being thrown around), I miss our conversations about things you hear about in the news, I miss our morning arguments while making breakfast.
I miss spending time with Pawel, I think i realised how much I missed him when I Skype called him one day. I remember feeling really upset and literally 10 minutes into the conversation I laughed so hard, I didn't even remember laughing like that since I came to Edinburgh. It's great when you have someone with whom you can be yourself.
I miss my mum and my dad, people I look up to. They have been through and achieved so much in their lifetime. They have taught me so much and I would not swap them for anyone in this world.
I aspire to be like them one day, I don't want to waste my life doing pointless things.
I want to make something of myself.
I feel really bad for not spending enough time with them before I left, it was such a busy time.. That of course can't be undone.
I can't wait to see them in December, I already know that I must make the most out of time I spend with them.

Peace out.
Cherish your family while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment