Tuesday 22 November 2016

Dear Trevor,


I am sorry for not trying hard enough to get in contact with you.
Everytime i miss a call from you i tell myself i'll call back in the evening when i am free, but i either forget or begin on doing something else.
I promised you we'd stay in touch but i never knew it would be this difficult.
The fact that i had 2 assignments due in this monday was not helping either because i literally spent everyday evening working on my poster and then during the weekend i worked on my final submission for the essay.
I called you today.. you didn't pick up. Hope you're not mad at me or anything because that would be the last thing i want..
I miss you. Like a lot.
I miss having you by my side whenever i need to talk..
I am so proud of you! you're a research assistant.. like wow! that's great :)
Glad you're settled in with all those nice people, i check your blog almost everyday.. dont think that i forgot about you or anything. It's really not like that at all.
I'm just kind of going through stuff at the moment, so much to sort out.
They finally scheduled my payments for finance but it's not really enough to pay for my accomodation.. like i'll probably end up working during december.. thank god for overdraft.
I hope you are well, and hope you're not finding uni challenging (probably not as you're the legendary Olugbemi Moronfolu xD)
I promise to get in touch soon.

Love,
Bob.

1 comment:

  1. I just read all your posts and I feel really sad for you. Not pity. Just sort of sad that you're not entirely alright. It really sucks.:(

    I feel bad now that I was upset that you had not been in contact. I knew that you'd be busy but I had no idea just how busy. :( I know that you said last time that you put your phone on airplane mode and that you often forget. However, I sort of convinced myself that you don't care... I know now that that is stupid. I feel bad that I seem to be having a better time at Uni than you do :( I wish that you were happier and that you didn't have to deal with stupid student finance and money problems. It sucks. Though like you said (paraphrasing here) some of your weaker moments are character building. You'll probably in the future, be almost happy that this happened because it makes you more resilient. Love you. :)

    I realise that I did post an indirect in 'This weekend.' I wrote 'It's quite cool that I am able to maintain contact with my London friends (well most of them anyway...' Though this was probably a subtle attempt.

    I cannot wait to see you and give you the biggest hug ever!

    ReplyDelete