Wednesday 6 May 2015

She's a beach.


On Monday we had a Bank holiday which means a longer weekend for me, my family decided that we won't stay at homeand waste a beautiful day on watching TV.

We got in a car and set off into the sunrise (get it.. not sunset.. sunrise.. it was morning.. nevermind) I put on my sunglasses and took my usual position in the car (on the left side), you know the 'im-in-a-dramatic-music-video' position. But then i found out that i did not take my earphones with me and it was too late. I was stuck to listening to MAGIC radio station (which if you don't know, is a station that has a song base of about 40 old songs and plays it over and over again, like a radio station for old cat ladies) Which i don't mind as i know all of the lyrics to all of their songs by heart.

We got to Gosport at around 9am and we were just in time for a carboot sale, needess to say I bought 3 giant jigsaw puzzles at 50p each, such a bargain and the lady selling them seemed nice. 1x 1500 puzzles and 2x1000 puzzles. Yup, i don't know when i am going to have the time to comlplete the jigsaw but i already started on the owls eyes so it shouldn't be bad.

After that we went to the Gosport Ferry and decided to take a short trip to Portsmouth by the actual ferry. I had a return ticket but they took it away from me which was a bummer as i collect tickets and souvenirs from places i go to.
Portsmouth has a lot of nice old fashioned buildings and its just really nice to see water related equipment like boats or fish nd chip shops :P, i only think about food.

We went to see a cathedral, it was simply beautiful. The priest was a part timer and he took us around on a tour. It was so old fashioned but it was in good condition.
It probably wasn't a suprise, but he knew so muchstuff about th history of the cathedral and everything associated with it.

We went to the dock and observed giant ships that swam through the channel. (my phone just froze at that exact moment so i wasn't able to catch that moment on a camera but i documented pretty much most of the trip.
We returned back to Gosport, and i had the first Subway Sandwich of my life. It was good but definately didn't live up to everyones hype about it, ended up getting chips from a traditional chip shop and had a nice conversation with the lady at the counter.
After we got some fresh air we drove to Lee-On-The-Solent, which is a nice little town about 15 minutes way from Gosport.

We immediately set off to the ice cream booth and i ordered a large strawberry-vanilla ice cream cone.
I just sat down on the rocky shore and licked my delicious cone.
It started raining so we went inside the cafe and i ordered myself  a cappuccino, needless to say it was the best Bank Holiday ever.

Peace out.


Apparently I'm an aduld now.

Yup, people were staring at me while i took a picture of the side of the bench.

View from the ferry, i was partially scared my phone will fall into the water.

I found this clock quite artsy and cool.

Love the boats, their names are just quite epic.

Found a swan just chilling on the ropes.

Bottom right corner: My younger brother photobombing my pics.
This was located on the ruins of an old palace.

I nearly got driven over while taking this photo, hope you appreciate it dude.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment