Friday 20 February 2015

J.R.R Tolkien- Book to Movie adaptations.


A topic i would like to touch on is the movie adaptations of my favorite series of books that happen to be set in the middle earth. If you have no idea what i'm talking about i advise you to read the books or watch the movies to get a grasp of the main events in the book.
Those books were my favorite simply because my dad read them to me when i was little, they're my PRECIOUUUS.
You know when the First LOTR movie (Fellowship of the ring) came out in 2001, i was only 3 years old but I remember watching the movie as a 7 year old fascinated by how well they made it but obviously some parts of the book were slightly change where Jackson and the screenwriters just made up conversation that happen to be nowhere in the book. They also changed a lot of scenes which im not going to go into any detail with because there is simply too many.
The Two Towers came out a year later and the return of the king a year after that in 2003.
It just really angers me that with the LOTR series they fitted 3 books into 3 films, whereas with The Hobbit series they made 3 films out of 1 book. In my opinion the LOTR movies are very well done considering the low budget they had for making the film but i think they should've taken more time. Whereas with The Hobbit i think 2 films would've grasped all of the events in the book, none the less they weren't that bad.
In fact, I'm not the sort of person who cries while watching emotional films (my younger brother is tough :P) but I was sitting in the cinema crying while watching The battle of the five armies SPOILER ALERT Of course i have read the book a couple of times but at the scene when Kili died and Tauriel rushed to his side, that was just plain heart breaking considering the fact that he promised his family he will come home after the treasure is back in the hands of the dwarves. Or the sudden death of Fili, man that caught me a bit off edge. But i guess Thorins death was kinda epic. I never liked his character in the book as he was never a character i understood. But i like the way he was a type of fatherly figure for those two young dwarves.
So guys, maybe i would've directed the movie a little bit differently but i'm still happy with the outcome of Peter Jacksons work (Accurate or not) the humor he added to the films (That wasn't particularly in the book) encouraged a lot of people that are normally not into fantasy, enjoy the plot of events.

End of rant.

Au revoir les enfants.


No comments:

Post a Comment