Friday 20 February 2015

The cherry seed incident.



I can remember when i was just a little kid of about 5 years of age my grandparents had a giant cherry tree in their garden and every summer we used to have buckets upon buckets of cherries to eat. My grandma always came up with crazy ideas of how to use up all of the fruits, she even had worked out a recipe for a delicious cherry soup! (Which i only appreciate lately, as i despised it as a kid). I remember my grandpa climbing a tall wooden ladder and collecting the cherries from high above in the clouds (I was quite short.) Even when there were worms in some of the cherries he used to say: 
"A few more proteins hasn't killed anyone yet." 
His remarks are what I liked best.

 Well I liked to eat them alone, not in a cake or home made fruit punch. But once when i was helping myself to a bowl full of cherries I accidentally ate the cherry seed together with the rest of the fruit. I remember being scared for life when I imagined a giant cherry tree growing inside of my stomach any minute. I didn't sleep that night and asked my grandma the following morning about what i should do, she just laughed and said "We'll see if the tree inside your belly blooms next summer." Then she pulled me into a tight hug and said it will all be all right. 
I miss her.
 
Auf Wiedersehen , mein Freund. 

4 comments:

  1. I swallow apple seeds for fun... I would love to think there is an apple tree garden in my stomach. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows, maybe we can sell the fruits that grow in our stomachs and live off the profits. Who needs a real job anyway? :'D

      Delete
  2. What if your gran was thinking about the cherry incident at the exact time when you wrote this, thinking, I miss that girl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to visit her in March, so I am definitely going to remind her of this incident. ;)

      Delete