Monday 21 September 2015

Butt to ground contact.


I am really trying to find myself some new hobbies.

I attempted roller-skating at Gunnersbury Park on Saturday.
To be honest i wasn't exactly sure how it will turn out as the last time i have roller-skated was when i was in year 5 or 6.
The fact that my dad put on WD-40 on the wheels didn't help as there was practically no friction on them.

I forgot everything, i didn't know how to slow down or stop while skating on a straight concrete path.. I help onto Peter's arm for my dear life and he kinda pulled me around.

He got annoyed soon after and told me to figure it out by myself as he wants to walk around without my nails digging into his skin. So he left me there.

I find being thrown into the deep end as the best method of learning for me.
I was only dependant on myself and i succeeded.

More or less. Let's just say to the point where i could skate around freely by a pond without falling into it. And being able to control the skates better than Pawel. (He fell like 5 times, and i should've recorded each one as they were truly hilarious.)
I'm not saying i don't make mistakes, there was about 3 occasions i thought that i am going to hug the ground but i caught my balance in time. And of course I fell down towards the end of the day, on slippery grass.
Like literal butt to ground contact, My legs flew in the air and i sat down on the grass with such impact i couldn't feel my lungs for a few seconds.

Learning new things is always worth it, take risks people and you will be rewarded.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment