Tuesday 15 September 2015

Stressed Pigeon.

Ever feel like that lonely, grumpy pigeon that sits on a chimney during a chilly morning, trying warm up.. looking miserable while he's at it?
That's me right there.

I feel like growing up is just too much pressure, it's not that I'm irresponsible or somehow 'immature'.
Doesn't the idea of independence scare you a bit? I love independence, don't get me wrong.
It's just independence in the context of life that's very foreign to me.
I always depended on my parents.
Now, BAM I have to apply for a uni and get a student loan and then pay for accommodation and so on.
I guess starting on my personal statement calms me down a bit. 

So there was this situation. During lunch we were sat in the library doing work and then a guy from my class comes and we start discussing courses we want to do. I said I wanted to do BioChemistry. And then he proceeds to say this:
"I originally wanted to be a doctor, but when i narrowed it down I looked at Biomedical sciences and biochemistry. Then I realised that all they do is just a lot of research and completing a course like that will not get you a job where you help people first hand. So I decided that Radiology is something I would want to do. Because you get to have that human to human contact"

I was just kind of there like.. that's so true. I will end up in a reasearch or analysis lab, when what I want to do is help people. Have just first hand communication with them.

It's just so difficult to choose what you want to do with life at the age of 17.


Our local Sainsbury's is opening after refurbishment, tomorrow at 9am.
*'Celebration Time' song in the background*
It's been closed for a week, mum was panicking about the shortage of milk in my household.
It's all good now, i can reunite with my beloved supermarché.  
Why does French make everything sound nice and gracious?

Anyway, I have Psychology & Physics homework. 

Peace out. Or "Bien, paix!"

No comments:

Post a Comment