Saturday 10 October 2015

Dance with me, Odette.


I was watching 'Barbie and the pink shoes' with my little cousin.
In the story Barbie gets these pink ballet shoes from a woman who designs costumes and the shoes take her to a Ballet world, basically where all the ballet stories come to life.
Ballet plays like 'Giselle', 'Swan Lake', 'The nutcracker' and 'The snow queen' where mentioned there. What she did is that the shoes made her the main character of each ballet play.

I then did my research on Youtube and typed in different ballet names, some of them were as long as 2 hours. I have never seen anyone move so gracefully, like wow.
My favourite is definitely 'The nutcracker', ahh the costumes and the brilliant music.
It makes me really appreciate the classical music, I listen to it while studying but i was never into it.
Whereas the masterpieces written for ballet are so dynamic and so well composed, it's just a pleasure to listen to.
I never thought about the fact that ballet can portray a story without even saying anything. My next goal is to see ballet live.

Just something i found interest in.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment