Wednesday 10 June 2015

Amélie


Due to a popular demand.. nope.. just one person. But a very demanding person, I am going to talk about the interesting character of Amelia.

Amelia is my bus buddy, we live like 10 minutes from each other so naturally we get the same bus.

Let's start from the beginning first, beginning are generally a good place to start.

First day in College, but on the other campus. Shitting my pants to be honest, didn't know what to expect. Had no clue what i was doing with my life.
Luckily i had Chenai (or Ohini) to show me where my classroom is, i have no idea what i would do without her honestly.

Biology, I come inside of the classroom late. I can just feel the looks burning into my body, I was not welcome there. I have actually never experienced being completely new, I always knew at least a person in my class.

At that point It's almost as if i had a giant lump in my throat, I am not the sort of person who cries publicly (please exclude the part in The Hobbit where Kili and Thorin die and I burst into tears like a little baby inside the cinema OR the part where in 'The boy in the striped pyjamas' the gas chambers are left empty at the end of the film). I just sort of bite the inside of my lip and apparently look 'lost'.
It was 6 weeks into the year, everyone obviously made friends. And knowing me, nobody would want to be friends with me.

First impression count, right?
Well.. let's just say in Amelia's case it didn't count for good.
You asked me to be honest..
I don't really remember what her nickname was for me, it might've been along the lines of  'that blonde girl'.
That was kind of upsetting, you know it's kind of degrading when a person doesn't even want to make the effort to learn the simplest of things about yourself; such as your own name.
We had an early break and I coincidentally saw the  2 people out of 4 people I knew on the campus; Matthew and Slay.
I told them about my first day at college, yup I made sure to include all the details.
She was the loudest, and i have automatically marked her as 'loud rude girl I am probably not going to get on with'.
And I can gladly say I was wrong.
The following day (Tuesday) I sat down and Amelia asks out of nowhere: ''You know Matthew?'' and I said ''Yeah''.
Then she proceeded to update my database and told be about how she used to go Cadets with him and they haven't seen each other in a while. I honestly had no idea that they know each other, if i did then i wouldn't have told Matthew anything.

Skip forward 5 days..
On my way to college I got on the 182 and literally look back from my seat, she's sitting behind me. My stomach dropped. I kept my cool though, I am pretty good at keeping my cool. I decided to say 'Hi'. It was still kind of awkward.

We talked and i think what we really bonded over is the fact that both of us shop mainly at the local Sainsbury's. Like better than that! She lives next to Sainsbury's.

Skip forward few weeks..
 We now get the bus together. Even on the mornings, I decided to throw Trevah into the cocktail too. All 3 of us met up.

Skip forward a lotta weeks..
 We discuss Metro articles together, when she's sleepy in the morning she rest her half-a-tonne head on my shoulder and occasionally even walk home together, like you know .. exercise.

The reason why I wrote the time line above is to give you an insight of the development that took place over the year. It's the little things that change everything, I have definitely learnt that in this case. She is definitely not what i expected her to be.

As for Amelia herself:
She is truly an interesting character, even if i don't think i will ever truly understand her.
She giggles like a hamster that is being strangled (I love her laugh, seriously)  but it suits her.
Did I mention she wears shoes that have kittens on them? She has a matching hat! I mean.. how cute is that?
Drinking coffee every morning (Made from 8 teaspoons of coffee),She smells of coffee, cat hair and grapefruits.
On one hand she's obnoxious and loud but on the other she's pretty sensitive (she doesn't like showing that side but i know it's there somewhere) and has a good sense of humor.
That adds to her charm I guess.
I would say she is really open about a lot of stuff and I feel as if the range of topics we can discuss is pretty broad and i think that's what i like in people.

Alright, I bet you had enough now.
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment