Monday 9 March 2015

Friendship.


I've been re-reading 'LOTR- The Two Towers' again.
It's one of my favourite books to be honest.

I read it on the bus and label some of my favourite quotes with one of those coloured sticky bookmarks you get from Wilkinson.
The dialogue is truly hilarious and inspiring.

One of my favourite parts of the book is the portrayal of the relationship between Gimli and Legolas.

Dwarves and Elves have not exactly been nice towards each other, yet Gimli and Legolas join forces to help Frodo destroy the ring.

They come from diverse backgrounds yet they are sons of great warriors, Gimli son of Gloin is a Bearded short, not so pretty character, yet very snappy and witty. Whereas Legolas son of Thranduil is a clean cut, portrayed very pretty may i add in the movie (Blonde Orlando Bloom), Layed back and precise character.
I guess my point is, you don't have to be like someone for the person to be your friend, you don't have to behave like someone to be appealing, you don't have to have the same taste in music or fashion for someone to like you. Being yourself is enough, the key is to find someone that likes the differences between you two.
Did i word it right? I don't know. It sounded better when i was thinking of this post in the shower.

One of my favourite quotes:
(hand picked by me)
"But you are a dwarf, and dwarves are strange folk. I do not like this place, and i shall like it no more by the light of day. But you comfort me, Gimli, and I am glad to have you standing nigh with your stout legs and your hard axe. I wish there were more of your kin among us."   -Legolas
 There's more but i might leave it for future posts.

Also i could not help but realise there's a few of you from outside the UK, come and say Hi if you wish. I don't bite.
Have questions or just want to chat? Don't be shy, consider me as an old friend of yours.
Message me at: agataandrus1998@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment